Maybe
As if I know myself better than you

Sunday, May 16, 2010,4:27 PM
House mates

I am not against the idea of sharing house, just that I find it a very special experience that I should record it. In Australia, overseas students either lives alone, in home stay, in dormitory or cheap cheap share houses. I'm currently living in one shared house with people I didn't know before moving in.
I was lucky, because it was a nice house. A 19 year-old girl rented the house to collect rents by offering other rooms. We were the first residents in the house so everything was brand new... Except furniture because they were bought through uni market place. The first week was a disaster, we had no fridge, no study desk... but school had started. I finally realized how important refrigerators are. At last, they bought a fridge and it delivered to us on a hailing day. Consequently, a electrical part melted because we turned on the fridge while the part was wet, shortage occurred than we waited for another week for maintainer to come. Some people might still remember how I raged about the fridges on fb, lol. I started to get knowing my house mates since then.
During these months, some moved out and in. Although we are all Chinese, we are all so different.

(click title link to continue)
Chris is a nice guy who can not hide things from his face. He smiles a lot, a happy, simple guy. He is my favorite person in the house except Eamon. This bright kid is pretty attractive to girls too, I find him pretty sensitive to things. He is now going back China for holiday, later moving out of this house, I am a bit sad without him.
Another guy sharing the room with Chris is D. I never know how to spell his name because he does nothing much in the house except creating noise and dirt. Maybe I'm too harsh on tidiness, but how can a person never wrap a bowl of food before placing it in the fridge? He used my drinking glass without asking since the day he moved in. (I have another mug instead) He used my rice bowl once for defrosting raw meat without asking. He see tiny things as nothing, according to what he says. Glad that he is moving out soon, not surprised. Hope he can find his way out.
A girl moved out a month ago name Lina. She is nice, a bit noisy, very very "housewife". Not "wai-fu", she is a housewife. She likes cooking, good at houseworks but never do her school work until last minute so she is not good student. Clearly, she liked a guy in the house called Eric, but he showed no reactions for what Lina has done for him. I find her interesting because I cannot find another person who suits being a housewife more than her. Lina should find her dream husband asap.
A girl just moved out is Cissy, I like to spell her name this way, it matches her girly style. She collects rents from us, not sure what is she thinking, but she is really moving out of the house. She works two days a week, five days a week for school, god knows why she is so in short of money.

When all people justed moved in, they were always trying to make different dishes everyday, inviting friends for party and having fun doing homeworks together. However, seeing them having yogurt for dinner, house has become much quieter, relationships become complicated...It was like watching real life drama and I don't know what I can do now. A new Chris is moving in today, wonder what he person he is, doesn't seem to be a nice guy. ;_; (Wait, how come he is supposed to move in today while the old house mates are still here?)

For now I should keep silent with all these assignments and exams coming.

Labels:

Google Chrome is recommended to view this site.
10 previous posts
Welcome to the workforceReturn from the lazinessI should  keep my to-dos up to date... To-dos 10/...Long time no seenarrival of my new baby!Back from IndiaUpdatesBroken Keyboard, YES!its all good...thank you skype
Past posts by month
January 2009September 2009October 2009November 2009December 2009January 2010February 2010April 2010May 2010June 2010July 2010August 2010September 2010October 2010November 2010December 2010March 2011April 2011May 2011
Credits
Coded by wickedicy banner from Reviviscent.